Friday, July 14, 2017

Live, Laugh, Love

There are life events that cause us to stop and reflect. A near death experience. The death of a loved one. The birth of a child. A child leaving home. Certain birthdays…

As I climb “the hill,” ever nearing the half-century mark, I've been more reflective, and introspective. Realizing that you've already lived more than half your life, can do that…

I know people who have said to me, “I have no regrets.” I just want to say to them, “Really? Not even one???” I find it hard to believe that one could live, and never do anything which they regret. There are many things which I regret. I can't live life dwelling on them, but rather learn from them and move forward.

Recently, my sister shared a quote on her Facebook page it struck such a chord with me, that I saved it, knowing that I had to elaborate on it. Later that same day, one of my favorite a cappella groups came on, singing this song. I loved it, and must have listened to it a hundred times since. I know that it's unrealistic, and a bit fantasy-like, but how wonderful it would be to live this way! Not selfishly, always doing and thinking of only ourselves, but including ourselves, when we think and do. Sounds blissfully happy to me…
         

No comments:

Post a Comment